REQUIREMENTS FOR A NON-RESIDENT LICENSE
Non-resident applicants with no current real estate license in the state in which they completed the pre-license education work and passed a comprehensive licensing examination may seek licensure following the requirements for initial license set in the WV Code § 30-40-12 and § 30-40-13.
Applicants with a current license in the state in which they completed the pre-license education work and passed a comprehensive licensing examination may seek licensure if they meet the requirements of W. Va. Code §30-40-15 and the requirements of the Commission's Rules.
All non-resident applicants are required to take the state-specific portion of the licensing examination.
All required forms can be downloaded from the Commission website at : https://rec.wv.gov/Forms/Pages/default.aspx
OH and KY residents must contact the WV Real Estate Commission for specific requirements based on the signed Reciprocal Agreements.
Applicants for a salesperson license are required to submit the following:
1. Completed in full application to SIT for the Salesperson licensing examination with all signatures notarized.
2. Application fee in the amount of $25.00.
3. Certificate of licensure from all jurisdictions where the applicant currently holds or have held a real estate license. The certificate must be obtained within 60 days prior to applying for a license in West Virginia and shall, at minimum, show:
· Name and address of the licensee;
· Status of license (current, active, inactive, renewed, expired, etc.);
· Type of license (salesperson, broker, associate broker);
· Date of initial license and expiration date;
· Period of time the license has been active and inactive;
· The way the license was obtained (by examination or by reciprocity);
· Type of examination(s) - national and state or only state;
· Record of any disciplinary actions against the licensee; and
· Any additional information the Commission may require.
4. Affidavit of residency form and a copy of his/her driver's license or voter's registration card.
5. Irrevocable consent for service form.
6. Statement-Out-Of- State form.
7. Surety Bond.
8. State and National criminal record history report. To accomplish that please
follow the directions included here:
The application must be signed by a Broker who holds an active Broker license in West Virginia, and include two recommendations from property owners who:
· have known the applicant for at least two years
· are not related to the applicant
· are not affiliated with the applicant as an employer, partner, or associate or with the broker that will employ the applicant
· believe the applicant bears good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness, and fair dealing
· believe the applicant is competent to transact business in manner that would protect the interest of the public.