You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
State Agency Directory
Change Font Size
Search this site
WV Real Estate Commission
Meet the Commissioners
Active Licensee Rosters
Criminal Background Checks
SCHEDULE OF FEES
After Passing Exam/s
Pre-Licensing Education Requirements
Search this site
Real Estate Commission
REQUIREMENTS FOR A NON-RESIDENT LICENSE
with no current
real estate license in the state in which they completed the pre-license education work and passed a comprehensive licensing examination may seek licensure following the requirements for initial license set in the WV Code § 30-40-12 and § 30-40-13.
with a current
license in the state in which they completed the pre-license education work and passed a comprehensive licensing examination may seek licensure if they meet the requirements of W. Va. Code §30-40-15 and the requirements of the Commission’s Rules and by submitting the following:
a. Completed in full application to
for the Salesperson or Broker licensing examination with all signatures notarized.
b. Application fee in the amount of $25.00.
c. Certificate of licensure from all jurisdictions where the applicant currently holds or have held a real estate license. The certificate must be obtained within 60 days prior to applying for a license in West Virginia and shall, at minimum, show:
• Name and address of the licensee;
• Status of license (current, active, inactive, renewed, expired, etc.);
• Type of license (salesperson, broker, associate broker);
• Date of initial license and expiration date;
Period of time the license has been active and inactive;
• The way the license was obtained (by examination or by reciprocity);
Type of examination(s) - national and state or only state;
• Record of any disciplinary actions against the licensee; and
Any additional information the Commission may require.
d. Affidavit of residency form and a copy of his/her driver’s license or voter’s registration card.
e. Irrevocable consent for service form.
f. Statement-Out-Of- State form.
g. Surety Bond.
h. Subordination Resolution (Broker candidates only).
i. Trust Fund Account and Consent to Examine form (Broker of record candidates only).
j. State and National criminal record history report. To accomplish that please
follow the directions included here:
The salesperson application must be signed by a Broker who holds an active Broker license in West Virginia, and include two recommendations from property owners who:
· have known the applicant for at least two years
· are not related to the applicant
· are not affiliated with the applicant as an employer, partner, or associate or with the broker that will employ the applicant
· believe the applicant bears good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness, and fair dealing
· believe the applicant is competent to transact business in manner that would protect the interest of the public.
All required forms can be downloaded from the Commission website at :
All non-resident applicants are required to take the state-specific portion of the licensing examination for salesperson or broker.
*OH residents must contact the WV Real Estate Commission for specific requirements based on the Reciprocal Agreement between OH and WV.