Requirements for a WV Broker License
- Be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have been licensed for a minimum of two (2) years as a salesperson.
- Complete two (2) year apprenticeship with a full time broker.
- Supply listing, sales, and property management information for a period covering the current calendar year and the previous two (2) calendar years.
- Complete National Criminal Background Check.
**Beginning January 1, 2023**
As per WV CSR §174-2.17a, paper processing of requests for transactions for which are available online will be charged a $10.00 processing fee.
Qualifying to sit for Examination
application for exam.
Submit fingerprints for
national criminal history check.
The following doucments are found
here and need uploaded or included with paper application
Official Course Completion Certificates
Broker Experience and Proof of Salesperson Training Form
Listing, sales, and property management information for a period covering the current calendar year and the previous two (2) calendar years.
Affidavit of Proof of Salesperson training
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email from the testing vendor to schedule your exam. If you do not receive an email within 72 hours, contact the licensing department.
You have ninety (90) days
OR two attempts (whichever comes first) before you have to resubmit an application to sit for the exam.
You have ninety (90) days to apply for a license after you pass BOTH portions of the exam.
After passing the Exams (Associate Broker and Broker)
Submit online application and upload the following:
Broker must also:
Register with the WV Secretary of State's Office and YOU must be listed as member or an officer of the company
Upload the following with application: