Requirements for a Non-Resident Salesperson License
- Have a current salesperson license in the state in which pre-license education was completed and passed a comprehensive licensing examination.
- Submit National Criminal Background Check
- Provide a Certificate of Licensure from every state you are licensed.
- Pass the state portion of the licensing exam.
- Obtain a sponsoring broker with an active West Virginia Broker License (WV Broker Roster).
Non-resident applicants with no current real estate license in the state in which they completed
the pre-license education work and passed a comprehensive licensing examination may seek licensure following
the requirements for initial license set in the WV Code § 30-40-12 and § 30-40-13.
*Reciprocity Agreements for Ohio, Kentucky, and Florida residents.
Qualifying to sit for Examination
application for exam.
Submit fingerprints for
national criminal history check.
Find West Virginia sponsoring Broker.
Upload or include with paper application
**You do not need an affidavit of residency or statement of out of state BUT our system requires you upload a document there; please upload a blank pdf file or one of your other documents**
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email from PSI to schedule your exam. If you do not receive an email within 72 hours, contact the licensing department.
You have ninety (90) days or two attempts before you have to resubmit an application to sit for the exam.
You have ninety (90) days to apply for a license after you pass BOTH portions of the exam.
Completing the License Application
online application and upload the following: