You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
State Agency Directory
Change Font Size
Search this site
WV Real Estate Commission
Meet the Commissioners
Active Licensee Rosters
Criminal Background Checks
SCHEDULE OF FEES
After Passing Exam/s
Providers & Instructors
Search this site
Real Estate Commission
Obtaining A Salesperson License
Basic Salesperson Licensing Requirements
Minimum Age- 18 Years
1. Submit an application in writing, in a form prescribed by the Commission
2. The application must be signed by a Broker who holds an active Broker license in West Virginia.
3. The application must include two (2) recommendations from property owners who:
have known the applicant for at least 2 years
are not related to the applicant
are not affiliated with the applicant as an employer, partner, or associate or with the broker that will employ the applicant
believe the applicant bears good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness, and fair dealing
believe the applicant is competent to transact business in a manner that would protect the interest of the public
4. All signatures on the application must be notarized
An application fee of $25.00 must be submitted with the application. (First time applicants only)
1. Must be a High School Graduate or Equivalent (GED)
2. Must submit proof of completion of 90 clock hours (6 credit hours) in "Commission Approved" pre-license education courses. In order to be accepted, all pre-license education must have been completed during the five-year period preceding the application. An original "Certificate of Course Completion" must be submitted with the application.
3. The list of all providers approved to offer the 90 hour pre-license education course may be located in here:
No previous experience is required.
If you currently hold or have held a real estate license in any other state, you must contact the respective state's Real Estate Commission and obtain a Certification of your license. The original certification must be submitted with your application, and must have been issued no more than 60 days prior to filing your application with the West Virginia Real Estate Commission.
A certification is not a copy of your license.
All applicants for an original Salesperson license are required to submit to a state and federal criminal background check prior to approval of the application, and taking the licensing examination/s.
our application is approved and eligibility is determined, your information will be sent to PSI for testing. PSI will contact you via e-mail to schedule the examinations.